Job Opportunity Mayo GAA
- Jun 30,2021
Operations & Finance Manager Mayo GAA
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one
million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts
of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture on the island of
Ireland and in local communities.
The Association is constantly responding to the growing and changing needs of our members, players, volunteers
and supporters and on this basis is currently recruiting for an Operations & Finance Manager to be directly
responsible for assisting and developing with the Mayo County Executive the long and short term objectives and
priorities for the development of our games in Mayo, whilst carrying out duties in relation to the day to day
management and operations of the County Executive’s activities.
Reporting to the Mayo County Chairperson and working closely with Connacht GAA and the office of the Ard
Stiúrthóir, the Operations & Finance Manager will be responsible for administering and managing the financial
activities of Mayo GAA whilst supporting the strategic direction of the GAA in the county.
This role requires a motivated Senior Professional with a strong interest and passion for GAA.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include:
• Providing the necessary leadership, management, decision making and organisational skills to enhance the
county board operation and to develop financial management strategies;
• To work in conjunction with the County Executive committee to develop and evolve a clear strategic vision
and plan for Mayo GAA;
• Responsible for developing the county commercially by identifying and seeking out partnership
opportunities for the Association with external parties, qualifying those opportunities and developing
appropriate approaches to engage the parties professionally presenting the specific opportunity
• Maintain internal controls to the highest standards recommending updated/revised procedures where
required to the County Officers while ensuring proper governance and accountability in all aspects of the
County Committee’s financial dealings;
• Support the Country Treasurer in the planning, preparation, reporting on and implementation of monthly
Financial Reporting, KPI’s and the annual Budget process. This will include the provision of ongoing financial
forecasts and commentary on all variance analysis;
• Providing assistance and guidance to the county executive on all property matters. Being a senior team
member responsible for the ongoing development of county facilities in conjunction with the development
officer. This will include the upkeep and status reporting on the counties asset register and related stock and
• Operational and Financial oversight of county grounds to include being a key stakeholder on all match days;
• Manage the operational structure of the county on a day to day basis to include the management and
supervision of all full and part-time personnel;
• Assist the County Chairperson and Secretary with production of an annual operations plan and a framework
to enable officers to operate as an effective team;
• Exceptional leadership and organisational skills with the ability to foster and implement effective financial
• Proven experience of establishing and delivering a strategic plan to generate outstanding results;
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to build and maintain strong business and team
relationships, and manage conflict;
• Superb stakeholder management skills, including a proven ability to build enthusiasm for commercial or
sponsorship opportunities, with an aptitude for brand management;
• At least 3-5 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or
• An appropriate qualification with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management
• Proven track record in the area of Project Management with exceptional organisational skills and experience
of working to tight deadlines and achieving set targets;
• Excellent administrative and IT skills are essential with exceptional attention to detail and efficiency at
• Exceptional communication/presentation skills (verbal and written)
• Proven ability to work in high-pressure situations, and a willingness to work out of office hours and
• A relevant third level qualification in the area of Business / Financial Management
• A strong interest in and understanding of GAA
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
email@example.com on or before 1pm, Friday July 16th 2021.
Please note the role is subject to Garda Vetting.
Mayo GAA is an equal opportunities employer.